- clean & check the tires and remove any small objects stuck in the tread pattern,
- do a quick visual control of the rims, especially where the tire bead is seated; focus primarily on visible evidence of impacts, as the bead area is the most vulnerable part of the tire and even small stones getting stuck in it can cause pressure loss,
- increase the tire pressure to the permitted maximum (+ 0.5 bar for large vehicles), and check the pressure regularly,
- use the Mitas mobile app or our online calculator to check the correct pressure,
- prolonged parking on underinflated (or completely deflated) tires can cause flat spots which can subsequently cause vibration, noise, and wheel wobble,
- rotate the tires ninety degrees every month,
- store the tires in a dry and dark place out of the weather, and avoid direct sunlight; the ideal temperature is around 15oC,
- keep chemicals away from the tires when stored over the winter.
If you follow these simple rules, your tires will be in perfect condition in the spring, and also last longer.